The challenging aspect of a small business isn’t starting it, but keeping it afloat. Many businesses fail because they lack effective marketing strategies
These days digital consumers know how to transact with brands online. So establishing a good brand reputation and keeping your customers happy are key to a business’ growth.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need a huge marketing budget to make your business stand out. There are some proven ways to market your business without breaking the bank. Read on to find out what they are.
Focus on Content Marketing
A value-packed blog strategy gives prospective customers more information about your products or services and how they can benefit from them. The more you blog and market your content, the more eyeballs your business will grab.
It also allows you to build your brand by establishing yourself as an expert in your field. You will be seen as someone who can provide valuable information to others. Blogging is also one of the best ways to get backlinks from other websites, which helps with SEO.
Harness the Power of Social Media
Social media is always evolving. You can now reach out to your target audience and build relationships with them on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
The more followers you have, the greater your reach is. That said, content marketing is key here as well. If you don’t grab your followers’ attention with valuable content, they might not transact with your business.
Here are some of the social media marketing trends top brands swear by today:
- Be active in engaging with your followers. Respond to comments and questions promptly so that people feel like you are hearing them.
- Build a community around your brand. Use hashtags to help create conversations among users on similar topics.
- Use influencer marketing to reach a wider audience. You can work with bloggers, social media influencers and other prominent personalities to promote your content.
- Join the meme marketing bandwagon. Memes are highly shareable and have the potential to go viral easily. Create memes that are both relevant to your brand and engaging.
- Use visual storytelling to grab people’s attention. Videos, photos and GIFs are easier to consume than text-based content. Use them in your posts, especially on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook, where visuals attract more views.
Media releases can be a great way to get the word out about your business when executed correctly. It’s a publicity form that gives you control over how your brand is represented in the media.
Media releases are longer than traditional news stories and are used by journalists as reference material for their articles. So it would help if you made yours relevant, interesting and well-written.
A well-written press release can attract potential customers, generate leads and increase sales. Consider hiring a professional copywriter or an agency for writing a media release for your next big event or product launch.
An expertly crafted press release copy can get your brand in front of more people, especially if you have limited resources.
Optimize Your Website for Mobile Devices
Today, the lion’s share of internet traffic comes from mobile devices. This means you need a user-friendly website optimised for the small screen. It’s not enough anymore to have a website – you also need one that converts. To optimize your website, you’ll need to ensure it is visually appealing and easy to navigate.
If you have the resources, you can also create your app. They offer the advantage of sending push notifications and tracking their performance in real-time.
Marketing is the lifeblood of any business, especially in today’s highly competitive marketplace. Make sure you use the right marketing tools to attract and retain customers. You might be surprised at how quickly a new strategy can pay off.
Contact us today for any assistance with written and online communications for your business.