In case you’re wondering how to clean your leather shoes at home, then you’ve arrived at the correct place since we’ll be discussing the same today. If your trusty old leather shoe has been inflicted with a nasty looking stain and you want to remove it entirely, then there’s no better than performing some DIY procedures to get it cleaned.
Since leather is a natural product, it needs high-maintenance and if you face any mould growth or discolouration in any of your leather product including types of furniture, be sure to get in touch with a professional leather furniture cleaning service. With that being said, let’s get down to the recommendations.
Suggestions To Dry Clean Your Leather Shoes At Home
- Always proceed to first remove all the excess dirt & dust from your leather shoes, using a soft brush. Avoid using any stiff brush for the same because it can destroy the leather surface with its bristles.
- Take a small amount of laundry detergent (make sure that it is mild) and mix warm water with it. Then proceed to create a soapy mixture.
- Use a sponge and then gently apply that mixture on the surface of the leather shoe. You can also use a soft cloth instead of the sponge.
- Once you’re done cleaning, you can then apply a small amount of warm water to clean up the excess detergent.
- After that, proceed to air dry your shoes at room temperature.
Recommendations To Dry Clean Suede Shoes At Home
- Firstly, you should take care of the excess dirt & dust that is present on the surface of the suede shoes. To remove the dust, you can use simple sandpaper for the same or a soft brush. Proceed to use the sandpaper gently because exerting force may lead to surface damage.
- In case your suede shoes have nasty stains on them, then the best thing to do would be to use a suede cleaner for the same. However, you must remember to correctly apply it because suede is highly susceptible to stains.
- If you want your suede shoes to be kept clean at all time, it will be a better idea to brush your shoes with a soft brush every day. This will help in maintaining the shoes over time, and you don’t have to worry about its appearance.
- If there’s any discolouration with your suede shoes, then it’s always better to get in touch with a leather cleaning professional.
We hope you loved our short guide on how you can clean your leather as well as suede shoes. In case you need some professional help regarding cleaning leather products, be sure to get in touch with us.