It’s great to wear a leather coat, right? Leather products, from coat to belts and shoes always look good but did you know that they need adequate care and maintenance or they are going to discolor and that’s just for starters. The fact is that leather is considered to be “high maintenance” and with good reason, and it can be mind boggling to read the lot or to try to make sense of the same. And that is why we have collated some of the best tips which should ensure that you take better care of your leather products.
- Storage: When it comes to leather fabric, including leather purses, the first thing that you need to do is to ensure that you store them away from sunlight. Overexposure to sunlight can cause the fabric to become paler, and this can be a downer. You can also use beeswax and coat the fabric with the same and this should help protect the leather from various natural elements such as rain. Just Google Beeswax furniture polish and that should help list out a few vendors who can provide you with the requisite beeswax.
- Stiff cracked leather: If you have stored your leather products in the storage closet or drawer, for long periods, you may notice that they have become quite stiff and are more prone to developing cracks. To prevent this from happening to your leather products, you can coat them with beeswax and then store them so that they do not become stiff. Just search online for leather care products NZ and you should get a list of all the local vendors who can provide you with the requisite beeswax that you need to coat your leather garments and other products.
- Rain: So you want to wear your leather skirt but the sky looks ominously overcast. In that case, you can use a protective spray on your clothing as well as a handbag which should help make the same waterproof for a certain period. This can definitely come in handy especially if you plan to wear the leather skirt for an important occasion.
- Cleaning: There are several products that you can use to clean your leather fabric. And remember that a washing machine is a NO-N0, so you need to use these products and a clean cloth to wipe your leather product clean. You need to clean your leather products at least twice a year and not more but make sure that you practice requisite caution when you do so.
- Double check for items that can stain: If you happen to have a favorite leather purse, then it would be reasonable on your part to double check it often to ensure that you do not carry items that can spill and stain your purse. Stains are notoriously hard to remove where leather products are concerned and that is why you need to take sufficient measures to ensure that you do not stain or discolor your favorite leather product.
- Heat and humidity: You may want to avoid wearing leather products, especially if the weather happens to be hot and humid. Other than the fact that wearing leather in the midst of summer can really make you feel uncomfortable, there’s the fact that over exposure to sunlight will damage the same.
- Soft and supple: If you want your leather products to be soft and supple, then you need to use beeswax or leather honey to coat them at least once a month. This should enable you to keep the leather soft and supple. And another way that you can ensure that they remain soft and supple is that you store your leather products in a garment bag, and this should help protect them further.
These are some of the tips by which you can take better care of your leather products. All the tips posted here have already been vetted so you can go ahead and try them out to better protect your leather goods, and in the process, look good as you wear them out.